MONDAY, APRIL 29, 2013
OK, I realize that an entry about booze seems out of place in my blog section where I focus on food for a better lifestyle. But one thing I firmly believe in, is to INDULGE as well. Everything in moderation; it's not like I'm saying to consume chocolate syrup and vodka for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
I stumbled across this recipe from G+; it popped up in my feed, and coincidently, my boyfriend had recently brought home a bunch of Girl Scout cookies, which included Samoas in the mix. I felt like it was my destiny to make this video and blog entry.
- 2 oz Chocolate Liqueur
- 1 1/2 oz Caramel Vodka
- 1 1/2 oz Malibu Rum (I used coconut vodka in the video, because I didn't want to mix vodka and rum)
- 1 oz Half and Half
- Chocolate Syrup
- Shredded Coconut (I also toasted the coconut)
- 1 Samoa Girl Scout cookie
- Caramel Syrup
- Put some chocolate syrup on a plate.
- Twist the edge of the glass into the syrup coating the entire rim.
- Then sprinkle coconut onto the glass into the syrup.
- In a chilled cocktail shaker, combine all of the drink ingredients and then shake vigorously.
- Pour into the glass and then drizzle some caramel syrup on top of the cocktail and on the rim.
- Garnish with a cookie.